In order to crack the GATE exam, candidates must develop an effective strategic plan. In order to prepare for GATE, candidates must choose a subject that they are passionate about. For all aspirants, it is important to review the GATE last-minute tips to perfect their exam strategy. An effective GATE study plan requires in-depth knowledge of the GATE Exam Pattern, syllabus, and best study materials.
GATE is a national-level exam, and aspirants must ensure they follow the right path in order to succeed. In GATE 2022, candidates can improve their exam-taking strategy by following the prescribed GATE tips and tricks. Discover the best last-minute preparation tips suggested by the best GATE coaching classes to ace the Exam in this article.
GATE Exam Preparation Tips
No matter how you prepare for the GATE entrance exam 2022, you will need a well-planned strategy and a thorough understanding of the GATE 2022 Syllabus and Exam Pattern. There are 65 questions in the GATE question paper and each question carries 100 marks. We recommend that you attempt only those questions you are 100% certain about, as there will be a negative marking for each wrong answer.
The GATE Preparation Strategy 2022 is usually based on the abilities and hard work of the candidates. For effective preparation, follow these steps:
Acquire a thorough understanding of concepts and fundamentals
- Make sure you know your syllabus.
- Formulas and concepts should be written down in short notes.
- Make sure you understand all the topics well.
- It will be helpful to have a strong grasp of the concepts.
- You should make your notes in a way that will make it easy for you to go over them again
and again before the GATE exam.
Start Early for GATE Preparation
- Examine your time, routine, and the number of days or months it will take to complete the
- Sort GATE Important Topics by difficulty level.
- You will need to keep a note of all the GATE preparation books you will need.
- By following this strategy, you will be able to focus your preparation efforts in the right
- Don’t deviate from your GATE preparation plan.
Cite the Best Study Resource for GATE
- Find trustworthy online resources for GATE preparation.
- Videos and lectures related to GATE subjects can be viewed online.
- There are many online study books for GATE preparation, articles, and many more which provide detailed and effective explanations of all topics.
- The free video lectures available on YouTube can be of help to you.
- Consult the IIT professors’ and IES’ recommended books as well.
Make Use of Flashcards
- Note important points with sticky notes or flashcards.
- It will be helpful when learning and revising difficult formulas and methods.
- Post tough formulas and concepts on the wall or on your table to remind yourself.
- You will be able to remember formulas and difficult topics this way.
Solve Mock Test/ Previous Year’s Question Paper/ Sample Paper
- Make sure you solve more mock tests. Gaining hands-on experience will help you succeed in
a real-life exam.
- By taking mock tests, you gain experience solving questions within the given timeframe,
which improves your problem-solving abilities.
- On their official website, the GATE Exam conducting body releases the GATE Mock Test each
- The more GATE Mock Tests you take, the more confident, faster, and more accurate you will
- In addition to the mock test, you can also study GATE’s previous year’s question papers.
- Pick reliable study resources suggested by toppers and experts